We’ve left Halloween and Thanksgiving behind and now it’s time to start planning Christmas.
Here are 5 easy to make Christmas holiday cocktails to serve as the relatives and friends gather round.
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 c. superfine sugar
- 1 p. cognac
- 1/2 p. dark rum
- 1 p. milk
- 1/2 p. heavy cream
- Separate the eggs, putting aside the whites. Beat the yolks while slowly adding sugar. Beat until sugar is entirely dissolved.
- Slowly add cognac while stirring, then the rum.
- Stir in milk and heavy cream.
- Beat the whites until they stand on their own. Fold them into the mixture.
- Stir in grated nutmeg and serve.
- 2 bottles dry red wine
- 1/2 c. raw sugar
- 2 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 orange, juiced and peeled
- nutmeg, grated
- Bring all ingredients except wine to a boil. Turn down to a simmer for 45 minutes (toss in a splash of wine if reduces too low).
- Add the wine and keep it on very low heat. (Tip: If you want something stronger, add a 1/2 cup of brandy.)
- Serve in glass mugs and garnish with fat orange twists.
- 1 oz. reposado tequila
- 1 oz. mezcal (like Del Maguey Vida)
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Shake ingredients without ice, then shake again with ice. Strain into a coupe glass and serve up with a salted rim.
Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 oz. rum
- 2 sugar cubes
- 1 pat butter
- In a mug, dissolve the sugar in a little hot water, then add rum and unsalted butter. Fill the mug with hot water and sprinkle a little nutmeg on top.
• 1.5 oz vodka
• 1 oz cointreau
• 1 oz lemon juice
• 1 oz cranberry juice
• 1 bar spoon of allspice dram
- Shake ingredients with ice. Strain into a Collins glass over ice and top with soda. Garnish with a lemon wheel studded with cloves.